As an artist, I spend most of my time creating original paintings on ideas in my head with the colors that I love working with and the sizes that are most frequently sold. However, that means that I don't always have the perfect fit or size for your home decor.
But don't worry! If you like my style, and want a painting in your own favorite colors and size, I do offer commissions.
If you’d like to commission a painting, please give me as much detail as you can in your email, and I will get back to you as soon as possible with an estimate and a contract agreement. My standard commission rates are as follows:
- Original paintings cost $1.50 - $2.00 /sq inch depending on the complexity and type of painting. Oil paintings take longer to complete and hence cost more.
- I use professional grade paints and materials, so my paintings are made to be of archival quality, meaning they're meant to last for tens if not hundreds of years.
- Larger sized or multiple-painting commissions may receive a discount.
- My standard canvas is a traditional 0.75" thick canvas. Framing or gallery-wrapped canvas are available upon request.
- Resin coating (for acrylic paintings only) adds roughly $0.20 per square inch. Resin is beautiful and shiny, but it does lower the life of the painting (as all resin will yellow with time) and it needs to be kept out of sunlight.
- Acrylic paintings take 1 to 2 months to complete to allow the paint to cure so it can be safely sealed with resin or varnish.
- Oil paintings take 1 month to complete, but cannot be varnished until at least 6 months after drying, so I offer adding varnish coating at no extra charge if you ship or drop off the item at my studio 6 months after purchase.
Please reach out if you have any questions.