As an artist, I spend most of my time creating original paintings on ideas in my head with the colors that I love working with and the sizes that are most frequently sold. However, that means that I don't always have the perfect fit or size for your home decor.
But don't worry! If you like my style, and want a painting in your own favorite colors and size, I do offer commissions.
If you’d like to commission a painting, please give me as much detail as you can in your email, and I will get back to you as soon as possible with an estimate and a contract agreement. My standard commission rates are as follows:
- Original paintings cost $1.50 - $2.50 /sq inch depending on the complexity and type of painting.
- I use professional grade paints and materials, so my paintings are made to be of archival quality, meaning they're meant to last for tens if not hundreds of years.
- Larger sized or multiple-painting commissions can receive a discount.
- My standard canvas is a traditional 0.75" thick canvas. Framing or gallery-wrapped canvas are available upon request.
- Resin coating (for acrylic paintings only) adds roughly $0.20 per square inch. Resin is beautiful and shiny, but it does lower the life of the painting as all resin will yellow with time and it needs to be kept out of sunlight.
- Acrylic paintings take 1 to 2 months to complete to allow the paint to cure so it can be safely sealed with resin or varnish.
- Oil paintings take 1-2 months to complete, but cannot be varnished until at least 6 months after drying, so I offer adding varnish coating at no extra charge if you ship or drop off the item at my studio 6 months after purchase.
Please reach out if you have any questions.
What is your processing time?
My processing time varies depending on the type of item you're ordering.
- For original art, my usual turn around is 1-2 business days.
- For commissioned original art, my turn around time is at least 30 days to allow time for the paint to cure and be varnished.
- For printed products, my turn around time is based on the fulfillment center's turn around time, which can vary and is listed on each product.
Due to COVID-19, however, turn around times are taking a bit longer than they normally would. For example, turn around times for pillows are now 25-30 business days so please expect delays while ordering during the pandemic.
What materials do you use in your oil paintings?
I use professional grade, archival quality materials for my oil paintings. This means that my artwork is meant to last for hundreds of years and can be passed on from generation to generation. Unlike student or artist grade paints, professional grade paints are highly pigmented, which means that the colors are more vibrant and lightfast.
If you're interested in buying pillows, phone cases, prints or magnets in bulk, please send me a message and I'll be happy to offer you a discount.
What makes your pour paintings different?
Most acrylic pour paintings available on the market use student grade or craft paints, water, glue or equivalent as a pouring medium, as well as some additives such as hair products and other oils. This leads to a variety of problems that shorten the life of the artwork. For example, glue causes yellowing, oils may cause the paint to peel off the canvas, the low pigment ratios in craft paints create dull colors that fade with time,... etc. This, however is not often disclosed to the buyer.
I choose to use professional grade acrylic paints and pouring mediums, even though they can be 1600%+ more expensive, because I want to make sure I'm offering my patrons a product that will last and stay beautiful for as long as possible.
Share this Product
I love the painting. It was a custom painting I asked Dee to make for my bedroom and it totally transformed the entire room. It looks gorgeous on the wall above my bed. Its vivid colors and beautiful fluid art brightens the room and makes me happier every time I look at it. Thanks Dee!
Dees work is beautiful, inspired, and top notch. She uses the best canvases and paints, and you can really see it in her work! The shipping was also awesomely fast. Thanks, Dee!
Received my personally poured canvas and Im in love. Will be ordering more! Love the uniqueness ?
The painting is absolutely gorgeous.
SIMPLY AMAZING! VERY PROFESSIONAL PACKAGING, CUSTOMER SERVICE & COMMUNICATION.
Good item, thank you very much.